Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Halloween was on a Monday this year.  It just so happens that it was the day after the Fall Festival.  Ava and I made it over to see the parade at SSJ.  Elise felt much better and was begging to go.  This is her last year in the parade :(



Initially Paolo said he was going to be a priest for Halloween but I think he changed his mind because we all thought that it was so cute and I opened my big mouth and told a bunch of people and I think he just got embarrassed.  So he settled on an army guy.  Look at that smile - pure joy.  Here he is with a few of the boys in his class.  Actually, there are only a few boys total in his class!


Elise had her heart set on Minnie Mouse from the get go.  Of course I tried to talk her into letting me make her costume but she knew exactly the one she wanted and her Nana is soooo good to her (and me) and drove around town to find the right one.



I later discovered that she and Ella had planned all along to be Minnie Mouse together.



The parade is always so fun to watch.  First the younger kids go and then the 5th graders parade around in their saint costumes. 





I helped the second graders do a Halloween craft and Ava got to hang out with her big sis.






Jules obviously had some fun activities at her party too!



We had our usual gathering later on and it turned into a really great party!  Chris brought his DJ equipment and played great music and as always, our neighborhood was packed.  I did not take a single picture of the night except a few of the kids before they went trick-or-treating.  I will just call this an off year.  A friend of mine gave me an adorable ladybug costume for Ava and Jules wanted to be a crayon and she let me make it!  Diego is dressed as.....Diego.  He was in a bit of trouble so he will call this an off year too :)















Halloween - check.  Now we just have two more birthdays, a baptism, a 25th Wedding anniversary and then it will be Thanksgiving.  I am praying that I can take some deep breaths and just try to enjoy these days, one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment