Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Summer Fun

A sweet ending to our summer - Disneyland!
 
 
There is something so magical about Disneyland - at any age.  We have not been since Paolo was a baby.
 
 
Ava looks a little unsure!  This reminds me of a picture we have with Mary Poppins when Jules was a baby.  Same face :)

 
The only teacup I can handle - one that doesn't move!  What a sweet cup of tea.

 
It was fun to hang out with Bryce - or Brycey as he is known to Ava.

 
I think I took a picture of every princess that went by.  It was so fun to watch Ava's face because she is so in to princesses right now.  This is Mark's favorite :)
 

 
I could not resist a picture of the chimney sweeps.  Diego used to watch Mary Poppins and do the entire dance of "Step In Time".  I have it on video somewhere and maybe someday I will find it and insert it here.

 
I really enjoyed the time I had with Ava when the others did some bigger kid rides.  She would have been content to ride the Merry-go-round and the Dumbo ride all day.
 
 
Mark's Dad and Lorraine were so helpful all day - sittting back with kids that were too small, saving seats for the parade and even taking kids back to the hotel that wanted to leave early (you know who you are Diego!).  It was every bit the fun, exciting, exhausting day we expected.  Thank you Tata Joe!
 
After Disneyland we decided to head south to San Diego for a couple of days.  We surprised the kids with the news about the boat. 
 
 
 
They made themselves comfortable right away!
 


Sunset Cruise.
 

 
 
We got to see some old friends.....


 
The Gomez family was staying on Mission Beach so we got to spend some time with them.  They are just like family.  The kids played and played and played.


I don't get many photo opps with this cool cat anymore.  He was missing having his big cousins with him at the beach. 
 

 
I guess this was the best I got with Elise!

 
I love goggle shots.  She wanted to wear them while she played in the sand - love it.

 
Looking so grown up.

 

It was nice to have a little trip with just our family.  We are so blessed to have cousins or friends around when we go out of town, but I think it is good to take time with just us.  On the day we were leaving, Mark was getting the boat all cleaned up so I had the kids off the dock and out of the way.  They spent a good hour perfecting this....
 
 
Now if I can just photoshop Ava in there :)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment