Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School Again

 
Here we go again - back to school.  This is sure to be a memorable year.  Diego is in 8th grade (how did that happen?), Jules is officially a junior high student, Elise will be making her First Communion and Confirmation and Paolo will be navigating through 1st grade.  When summer comes to an end, I definitely long for the structure of the school year.  It is nice to have some moments when the house is quiet and I can feel like I am accomplishing the daily tasks of a household.  I know that every school year has it's challenges, successes and failures and even though I am not working out of a textbook, I am learning right along with them.
 
 
Elise just looks so grown up.
 
 
I would like to think this is Jules' way of saying "7th gade, no problem".  6th grade was a little rough so we are hoping and praying for a better year.
 
 
STRONG.....
 
 
......but SWEET.
 
 
Ava may not be heading off to school yet but she is ready for just about anything.  Here she is showing off her "silverwares".
 
My goal for the school year is to be ready and prepared when the kids come home - ready to help with homework, listen to problems, give them time to play.  I want to let go a little more with my older kids and help them learn accountability.  I want to stop every once in awhile and just enjoy this milestone year.  Before I know it they won't be all at the same place anymore!  The thought makes my heart jump :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment