Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Paolo Joe!


What a goofball!  We had another "Golden Birthday" around our house last week.  Paolo turned 6 on April 6th and with the help of friends and family I think it will be a birthday he will always remember.  It started out with churros for his kindergarten class.  Ava came along.



For his birthday dinner, which was on Good Friday this year, we had tostadas, enchiladas, shrimp patties and nopales.  I loved seeing how excited he was about his birthday.  I hope he felt so special because he really is one of a kind.  Dirt cake, of course :)



We spent weeks talking about a birthday party with friends - what to do, how to decorate.  He settled on Star Wars and Nina Linda really came through with the decorations.  She really could be a professional party planner.



3-D decorations no less.



The kids went in the pool for a bit and then we played a few games - Jedi training.





Mark's Mom had saved an R2-D2 cake pan from when Mark was little and we used it to make Paolo's cake.  Pretty cool - that thing is probably 30 years old.  Star Wars is so timeless.





I hope all his wishes come true.  Paolo you are a happy, sweet, fun-loving boy and we are so blessed to have you in our family!!!





1 comment:

  1. Hey! this is such an amazing post. I am sure everybody must have had a great time. We had a pool party recently before my wedding. It was superb, all my relatives and friends were there. I got married in one of the wedding venues Los Angeles which I am unable to forget. Anyways, I am waiting to have kids now after seeing post. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete