Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Nana!


My mother-in-law celebrated her birthday last Saturday and it was a really nice day. We went to the Chinese Cultural Center for lunch and it just so happened that the Chinese Festival was going on.  We walked around to all the booths, watched the martial arts and dragon dance performance and wandered through the gigantic market where they sell goat heads and chicken feet.  It was really fun to feel immersed in another culture.


Next, Mark and I got to go to a movie with her and Chris stayed home with the kids.  I can't remember the last time we went to the movies without the kids.  Then we ordered yummy pizza and had chocolate cake and ice cream at our house.




I feel blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law.  She is youthful and energetic and she has taught me a lot - from cooking delicious food to giving things my all and always staying positive.  She adores our children and gives them so much time and attention.  Happy Birthday Nana - you are a gift to all of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment