Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Babies, heaven and feeling the distance

Mark and I just had the incredibile opportunity to travel to Calistoga to see Becky, Tyler and our newest neice Maren James. She is beautiful, of course, and Becky is beautiful too in her new role as momma. It was so fun to be auntie (we went without any kids!) and just hold her and stare at her. Babies are such a little slice of heaven!



Speaking of heaven, Calistoga and all the neighboring towns we visited were amazing. I loved the quiet and the smallness - such a change from Phoenix. We did a lot of driving around in the rolling green hills with miles and miles of vineyards and wildflowers. It was absolutely breathtaking and a vivid reminder that, yes, God really did put us in the Garden of Eden.

Leslie came out at the same time so it was nice to be together with my sisters. I was actually very emotional as Mark and I pulled away in the car toward the airport. Sometimes I get sad knowing that we will probably never live in the same city again and our kids won't grow up together. I know too that, given the right opportunity, Leslie may take off too. I know that. Sometimes it just makes me a little sad. Good to know the tear ducts are still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment