Monday, September 12, 2011

Sundays

At our house, Sundays really are sacred.  Even when the big kids were little, we have always set aside Sundays for Mass, gathering with family, and rest.  I never used to nap until I married Mark but I remember the early days of our marriage when Sunday afternoon naps were a given.  We can usually squeeze them in on occasion but we are really good about taking it easy on Sunday.  This past Sunday was awesome.  After Mass, we gathered at Nana's as usual for brunch.  She started having us all over on Sunday mornings when her house was completed, and it really has become such a wonderful ritual full of blessings.  After that we went to Diamondbacks game with the four oldest kids. Virginia stayed home with Ava which was such a treat. There is nothing like watching a baseball game AT the park.



Mark climbed the stairs at Chase Tower as a tribute to the 9-11 victims and they gave him free tickets.  Watching the terrible events of that day and the sacrifices made by the firefighters and police officers really makes me appreciate my husband and give thanks that he is with me - right here, right now.  The seats were better than I was expecting and the kids had fun.


Paolo even got his hat signed by Baxter.  Elise screamed everytime she saw him!!


To round off our Sunday, Mark's dad called and invited us out for sushi for dinner.  Can it get any better than that?  I love Sundays......


No comments:

Post a Comment